Information we process about you
When you take up our Services or use the Website, we will collect certain information about you, such as:
- basic contact information you provide to us;
- your account details and account profile;
- photographs or scans of documents relating to the ownership and history of your caravan;
- records of how you use our Services/account;
- information we obtain from public sources;
- information we receive from third parties (e.g., business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, automotive data providers, search information providers or social networks);
- records of communications you have with us;
- other information you provide to us voluntarily, including as part of a survey or promotion; and
- technical information about your device and website usage, including cookies (see our Cookies Policy);
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you for various purposes connected with our Services, including:
- to facilitate your use of our Services, which includes sharing your information, including your approximate location, with: (i) our network of preferred caravan buying partners engaging through the ValueMyCaravan auction platform (“Dealer Partners”), to provide you with valuations and to connect you with them, and to create and manage your account with us;
- to communicate with you in relation to your use of our Services and provide you with customer support;
- for internal management, administrative and organisational reasons;
- to share information with our suppliers and other third parties in order to provide you with our Services; and to develop and improve our business, through the use of data analytics and benchmarking.
In order to use your personal information, we must have a legal basis for doing so. The legal bases that we rely upon are explained further in the “find out more” section below. We will only use your personal information where it is necessary:
- to fulfil our contract for services with you;
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- for our legitimate business interests that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where none of the above applies, we will request your consent (which we will ask for before we process the information).
You may have some or all of the following rights in respect of the information about you that we process:
- request us to give you access to it;
- request us to rectify it, update it, or erase it;
- request us to restrict our using it, in certain circumstances;
- object to our using it, in certain circumstances;
- withdraw your consent to our using it;
- data portability, in certain circumstances;
- opt out from our using it for direct marketing; and
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK which is responsible for upholding your data protection rights.
You are able to exercise these rights by contacting us at using the details set out in the section Contact Information.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the controller is ValueMyCaravanGroup Ltd (Company Number -14023474) of ValueMyCaravanGroup Ltd, C/O Boutique Resorts, Eastgate House, Jesse Road, Narberth, Pembrokeshire, SA67 7DH
If you have any questions, or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at any time at Hello@valuemycaravan.com